An Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) allows you to heat your home and hot water without burning anything! The heat pump takes heat from the air and uses a compressor to make that heat hot enough to heat your home and water. Some systems are reversible, so can provide air conditioning as well as heating. Heat pumps have been widespread in Sweden, Europe and North America since the 1980s, but have become more popular recently as they have a very big impact on your carbon footprint.
Air source heat pumps are a key technology in getting to net zero. As a result we have written lots of articles to answer all your nitty gritty questions. We hope you find all the answers to your questions here, but let us know if not!
- How do Air Source Heat Pumps work?
- Will installing an Air Source Heat pump reduce my energy bills?
- Is an Air Source Heat Pump suitable for my home?
- Can I install a heat pump now, or do I need to wait until I've improved my home's insulation?
- What does a good Air Source Heat Pump installation look like?
- Different types of air source heat pump
- Are Air Source Heat Pumps noisy?